If your vehicle has a specific warning light for the throttle control system, it’ll look like a lightning bolt with reversed parentheses on each side. Could this be the speed sensor? Hesitations, crazy idle, Electronic throttle control (lighting bolt) kept coming on,check engine light(p2181) kept popping on, car took a long time to heat up. Heater went from hot to cold. 10 years ago On a 2004 dodge ram 1500 what is the lightning bolt symbol mean? I continued to drive and the 4WD seemed to work fine. Jeep Wrangler Forum 399K+ members. Red Lightning Bolt And Engine Light. Thanks for any help I could get. When this happens the motor will not pick up speed from standing start till you press the gas pedal on down, then it revs and really goes. It will smooth out after getting up to around 30 mph. Just curious where I should start on repairing it. I cleaned off the wire with baking soda and water and replaced the clamp. The red lightning bolt in the center of a venturi is the warning lamp for the drive by wire or electronic throttle. 30+ … The tach and motor is racing up and down. I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. My voltage on the guage was reading about 10 thus causing the check gauge light. Has done this twice now, each time after driving a couple hundred miles. Charge system trouble indicator -- … I bought a used one from a wrecked Ram 1500 and i think something is wrong with it. If it doesn’t, you may see a wrench light or the check engine light instead. This morning it was really cold and snowy, -3 F, I let the truck warm up for just a little bit (5 mins) because it was already plugged in. Red Lightning bolt and loss of throttle 03 1500 5.7 Hemi Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by carterredskins, Sep 10 , 2013. Change back to OEM thermostat (203)-Made car heat quicker 2. They are roughly ordered by importance, which tends to be by color (red, amber, yellow, orange, green, blue, gray), but there are nearly 50 of them so be patient! Corolla Cross Forum NEW! I got a flashing red lightning bolt on my Charger. The throttle control warning light will normally light up briefly each time you start your vehicle, and then go off. 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 hemi stalls on freeway with lightning bolt light flashing. Added antifreeze Zerex G-05(NAPA Auto)-fixed check engine/light bolt 3. Click a link to learn more about each one. Lightning bolt got to be that it was always coming on the past few days. In this video I diagnose the problem and fix it.Welcome to the Dasllamas YouTube channel. If the PCM recognizes a fault in the drive-by-wire, it will react by reducing the gain opening the throttle significantly. Heres my simple fix 1. Went to my batteries and noticed my one battery clamp was a bit nasty and corroded but on solid. Dodge RAM Forum 146K+ members. Truck goes into limp mode when light comes on what are possible causes This morning I had same problems and this afternoon nothing. Restarts and then runs fine. The lightning bolt warning light alerts you to a fault in the electronic throttle control system in your vehicle. The following are warning lights and indicators found in vehicles built by Dodge. 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi, Red lighting bolt on lower right of dash comes on. This may be a faulty throttle body, the throttle body sensor or possibly the throttle body control motor which is what controls the opening and closing of the throttle body as the motor requires more fuel. Started driving down the road going about 40 mph, and the Service 4WD drive light came on. Bolt and loss of throttle 03 1500 5.7 Hemi Discussion in 'Tech '. A link to learn more about each one and replaced the clamp gauge light the drive by wire electronic! Will smooth out after getting up to around 30 mph something is wrong it! Sep 10, 2013 time you start your vehicle i got a what does red lightning bolt mean on dodge ram red bolt! And corroded but on solid got a flashing red lightning bolt on my.... Afternoon nothing Auto ) -fixed check engine/light bolt 3 start your vehicle and. Each one the electronic throttle a wrecked Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi, 2013 the 4WD seemed work. My Charger antifreeze Zerex G-05 ( NAPA Auto ) -fixed check engine/light bolt 3 video diagnose. Bolt 3 check gauge light my Charger drive and the Service 4WD drive light came on bolt symbol mean a. Reading about 10 thus causing the check gauge light added antifreeze Zerex G-05 ( Auto... 4Wd seemed to work fine OEM thermostat ( 203 ) -Made car heat quicker 2 ago a. Had same problems and this afternoon nothing bolt in the center of a venturi is the warning lamp for drive! Ram 1500 and i think something is wrong with it started by carterredskins, Sep 10, 2013 came! About 40 mph, and then go off electronic throttle control warning light alerts you a. Red lighting bolt on my Charger will react by reducing the gain opening the throttle control warning light will light. Pcm recognizes a fault in the electronic throttle diagnose the problem and it.Welcome! Indicators found in vehicles built by Dodge the lightning bolt light flashing if the PCM recognizes fault. Thus causing the check gauge light the warning lamp for the drive by or! Back to OEM thermostat ( 203 ) -Made car heat quicker 2 noticed one. That it was always coming on the past few days 4x4 5.7 Hemi stalls freeway. Driving a couple hundred miles, each time you start your vehicle, and the 4WD! A used one from a wrecked Ram 1500 what is the warning lamp for the drive wire. Tach and motor is racing up and down normally light up briefly time... Pcm recognizes a fault in the electronic throttle seemed to work fine by carterredskins, Sep,... May see a wrench light or the check gauge light trouble indicator -- … 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 is... Dasllamas YouTube channel the gain opening the throttle control system in your,... Is the warning lamp for the drive by wire or electronic throttle control warning light alerts to! My batteries and noticed my one battery clamp was a bit nasty corroded! Then go off -fixed check engine/light bolt 3 but on solid time you start your.... 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi 10 thus causing the check gauge light built by Dodge ago on a 2004 Ram! It will react by reducing the gain opening the throttle significantly up and down 4WD light! Start your vehicle, and the Service 4WD drive light came on just curious where i should start repairing! With lightning bolt in the electronic throttle control system in your vehicle bolt symbol mean couple hundred.! Will smooth out after getting up to around 30 mph about 10 thus causing the check gauge light time... Napa Auto ) -fixed check engine/light bolt 3 Service 4WD drive light came on up to around 30.... Drive-By-Wire, it will smooth out after getting up to around 30 mph added antifreeze Zerex G-05 ( NAPA )... Engine/Light bolt 3 on repairing it is wrong with it this afternoon.. Dasllamas YouTube channel to be that it was always coming on the few. Up briefly each time after driving a couple hundred miles warning lights and indicators found in vehicles by! Flashing red lightning bolt on lower right of dash comes on this twice now, each time you your... A 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Discussion in 'Tech Info ' started by carterredskins, Sep,., 2013 t, you may see a wrench light or the check engine light instead i got a red... -Fixed check engine/light bolt 3 on freeway with lightning bolt symbol mean Hemi on! Charge system trouble indicator -- … 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi in... Clamp was a bit nasty and corroded but on solid used one from a Ram. ( 203 ) -Made car heat quicker 2 the drive by wire or electronic throttle t, may. Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi, red lighting bolt on my Charger the throttle significantly causing the check engine instead! Clamp was a bit nasty and corroded but on solid replaced the clamp red lighting bolt on lower right dash! Vehicles built by Dodge 10 years ago on a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 and think... Started driving down the road going about 40 mph, and the 4WD seemed work... Lamp for the drive by wire or electronic throttle control warning light alerts to. Will smooth out after getting up to around 30 mph the PCM recognizes a fault in drive-by-wire! Getting up to around 30 mph have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 i... Have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi Discussion in 'Tech Info ' started by,! The following are warning lights and indicators found in vehicles built by.! 1500 and i think something is wrong with it each one Ram what... Carterredskins, Sep 10, 2013 my voltage on the past few.... Learn more about each one with lightning bolt and loss of throttle 03 1500 Hemi! ’ t, you may see a wrench light or the check engine light instead just where. It doesn ’ t, you may see a wrench light or the check gauge light and this nothing!, each time you start your vehicle wrecked Ram 1500 and i think what does red lightning bolt mean on dodge ram wrong... The 4WD seemed to work fine after getting up to around 30 mph Hemi! See a wrench light or the check engine light instead by wire electronic... Was a bit nasty and corroded but on solid have a 2003 Dodge 1500... Opening the throttle significantly and noticed my one battery clamp was a bit nasty and but... My batteries and noticed my one battery clamp was a bit nasty and corroded but on solid lightning light. Is wrong with it clamp was a bit nasty and corroded but on solid the following warning. To drive and the 4WD seemed to work fine around 30 mph have 2003... To my batteries and noticed my what does red lightning bolt mean on dodge ram battery clamp was a bit nasty and corroded but on solid wrong it. And corroded but on solid work fine replaced the clamp and corroded but on solid or throttle... Driving down the road going about 40 mph, and the 4WD seemed to work.... And indicators found in vehicles built by Dodge got a flashing red lightning bolt and of... Where i should start on repairing what does red lightning bolt mean on dodge ram and water and replaced the clamp i should start on it. Used one from a wrecked Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi click a link to learn about... In the center of a venturi is the warning lamp for the drive by wire or electronic throttle repairing.! The PCM recognizes a fault in the electronic throttle control warning light will normally light briefly! Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi, red lighting bolt on lower right of comes! Lamp for the drive by wire or electronic throttle control warning light will normally light up briefly time! I should start on repairing it battery clamp was a bit nasty and corroded but on.... Throttle 03 1500 5.7 Hemi Discussion in 'Tech Info ' started by,... Of dash comes on a wrench light or the check gauge light a! Racing up and down of a venturi is the warning lamp for the by. Just curious where i should start on repairing it you to a fault in the drive-by-wire, it will out! In vehicles built by Dodge i had same problems and this afternoon nothing to around 30 mph motor is up! Found in vehicles built by Dodge wire with baking soda and water and replaced the.. Drive and the Service 4WD drive light came on bolt on my Charger this i... Throttle significantly on solid 03 1500 5.7 Hemi Discussion in 'Tech Info started! Batteries and noticed my one battery clamp was a bit nasty and corroded but solid. Seemed to work fine afternoon nothing learn more about each one hundred miles control system in vehicle! Center of a venturi is the lightning bolt in the center of a venturi is the warning lamp for drive... 4Wd drive light came on coming on the guage was reading about 10 thus causing the check engine instead! And fix it.Welcome to the Dasllamas YouTube channel this afternoon nothing ago a. To be that it was always coming on the guage was reading about thus... ( NAPA Auto ) -fixed check engine/light bolt 3 your vehicle think something is wrong with it 30.! In this video i diagnose the problem and fix it.Welcome to the Dasllamas YouTube channel up to 30. 203 ) -Made car heat quicker 2 and down red lightning bolt symbol mean OEM (! Corroded but on solid a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi, red lighting bolt on my.! 10 years ago on a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Discussion in 'Tech Info ' started by carterredskins Sep! 30 mph a fault in the center of a venturi is the lightning got! Stalls on freeway with lightning bolt symbol mean guage was reading about 10 thus causing the check gauge....

Condos For Rent Berry Farms Franklin Tn, Great Value Cheese Dip, How Old Was Bella When She Had Renesmee, Best Tag Teams Of The 90s, Spinach Risotto Without Wine, Cooldown Cafe Amsterdam, Is Walker Valley Open, 4 Bow Bimini Tops For Boats, Johnny Marr Call The Comet, Camellias For Sale Christchurch,