Aft by Stacie. I am naming this rambutan cocktail the “Sweet and Spicy”. Or something. The simple syrup can be made ahead of time to speed up the making of the cocktail, Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. Muddle the limes and rambutans with a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon. Only Easy: Thanksgiving Green Bean Casserole, Downtown Hilo Businesses Offer Deals for Holiday Shopping Event. Friedas is a great company to work with and I love the variety of produce, especially the exotic fruits they carry. Cool completely before using. Aujourd'hui, ce cocktail se boit avec un zeste de citron, lui apportant une touche acide tout en transparence. I got more lovely O.K. Shake and pour into two glasses. In a cocktail shaker, add the rambutans and 2 of the lime quarters. KEEP IN TOUCH. Bring to a simmer and let sit at a simmer for about 10 minutes to slightly thicken. In a shaker glass muddle the jalapeños, ginger and rambutans really well to extract as much juice as possible. I tried rambutan, an exotic fruit from Thailand, for the first time in Minneapolis in September. The Japanese flair inside of this gin with its very subtle hints of Sake seemed a promising basis for the use with Rambutan fruits. 4 jalapeno slices (seeds removed if you don’t want super spicy) plus extra slices for garnish, 2 ounces Patron Citronage ( or triple sec), In a measuring cup juice the two limes and top with water to make a total of 1 cup. Its very mild tasting like the lychee and reminds me most of the taste and texture of red or green grapes. lime lychee rambutan vanilla. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Whaaaaa?! I’m always looking for ways to use my lemongrass and this is a great one. DIY Cocktails. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Muddle the fruit of two rambutans and add ingredients. ( Log Out /  Initially i thought they are lychee but this fruit has spiky hairs on its skin. All are amazing. Saigon-based mixologist Du Vien’s “Hanoi Literature Cocktail” uses dry gin, Campari, apricot juice, aromatic bitters and Son Tinh Mo Vang ... Made using Son Tinh Mo Vang, rambutan, green tea and milk oolong tea, the Rambutan green tea cocktail is an Asian-inspired cocktail with its refreshing flavour Instructions. I knew immediately I wanted to make a cocktail with these so I give to you the Sweet and Spicy Rambutan Cocktail –. It's holiday season and what better way to enjoy a party with a fun, unique cocktail? May 5, 2018 - This Pin was discovered by Paro. Some are based on the the glass they are served in like the hurricane. Add the vodka, lime juice, vanilla, ice, and cooled simple syrup. Summer '19 is all about shisos and strange tomato varieties. Colonoscopy Prep Diet: Did it help me lose weight? Jul 30, 2018 - This sweet-tart rambutan cocktail, made with blanco tequila, is a perfect summer escape. Serve immediately. This easy rambutan martini with rambutans, ginger and lime will surely do both. She said she thinks that I am doing a good job with my blog image since I am all about the pineapple and the coconut. Add ice to each glass and strain the cocktail, dividing equally among the glasses. The slightly nutty flavors pair wonderfully with tequila, while fresh lime and grapefruit juice highlight the floral and tart elements of the rambutan. Cheers and Happy Friday!!! Slice the rambutan around the middle and peel out the fruit. Learn how your comment data is processed. Cette boisson était, paraît-il, la boisson préférée de la Reine d'Angleterre, Elizabeth II. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Sweet and Spicy Rambutan Cocktail Serves 2 Prep 5 min plus time to cool the simple syrup. that they included in the shipment with them, along with another fun fruit that I will be posting about shortly. DOTW Staff. I had a lot of fun researching about how cocktails get their names. Prepare the syrup: heat the water with the sugar until the sugar dissolves completely. 2 oz vodka. Turn on the heat to medium and stir well until the sugar is dissolved. ( Log Out /  Made in honor of a friend of mine I have dubbed the cocktail queen. Now whenever I make a cocktail or have questions about making, photographing or naming them, I go to Barb. I enjoyed my rambutan & calamansi cocktail so much last time that I thought I’d try making another cocktail. Along those lines, whenever I see a new cocktail recipe or think about making one for my blog, I always think of my friend Barb of the awesome blog, Creative Culinary. May 21, 2012 - A summer cocktail should tantalize your taste buds and refresh your spirit. This drink is in honor of Barb an her Friday Cocktail series!! https://livinghilostyle.com/2020/10/09/more-rambutan-another-cocktail Light one chimney full of View Living Hilo Style’s profile on Facebook, View LivingHiloStyle’s profile on Twitter, View LivingHiloStyle’s profile on Instagram, Follow Living Hilo Style on WordPress.com, Only Easy: Savory or Sweet Holiday Bacon Pūpū, Cold Mornings and Leftover Turkey = Asian Turkey Soup. The sweet, juicy fruit has translucent flesh and is related to the lychee. Lots of my recipes are influenced by my travels to Hawaii over the years. Apr 1, 2017 - Rambutan, Lime & Ginger Juice, Rambutan I never knew about this fruit until i saw these in Star Bazaar. In a cocktail shaker, combine rambutans and muddle until they are broken up and have released their juices, but not completely pulverized. Fill a glass with crushed ice. Taste and add more lime simple syrup for a sweeter drink if desired. Shake and strain into a martini glass. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. This time, I found a recipe on Serious Eats called the Union Bar’s Banga #1 Recipe. Find Drinks by Ingredient Find Drinks by Occasion. Eden Mill St. Andrew's Love Gin; 1/2 oz. Farms rambutan in my farm box from Hawaii Eco. Twist the lid onto the jar and shake for 10 seconds. « Maple Brined Pork Belly and Purple Sweet Potato Hash. Discover (and save!) Happy Hour: Rambutan Martini. Dip the side of 4 rocks glasses in lime juice and then gently roll the outside edge in smoked salt. It is a complicated cocktail that requires dedication and the results are worth it. Garnish with rambutan and jalapeno slices. Le cocktail Gin Tonic . Découvrez notre sélection de Cocktails à base de gin. Place the rambutan in a cocktail shaker or a wooden spatula.) Rambu-what? Add rambutans and continue to crush. Préparation … Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Add a bunch with the seeds! Rambutan. I used my cocktail shaker and muddled lemongrass, Thai basil, and ginger from my garden with two rambutan, a teaspoon of sugar, and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Muddle it in the vodka. Living Hilo Style. Want it barely spicy – only have one jalapeno slice in the muddling mix. In a shaker glass muddle the jalapeños, ginger and rambutans really well to extract as much juice as possible. Your email address will not be published. When Frieda's got wind of how much I loved their feijoas, they sent me a giant box of rambutans. These fuzzy little fruits were a surprise from Frieda’s produce ( remember them from my hash recipe the other day with their AH-mazing Stokes purple sweet potatoes?) Once the herbs get bruised, I added ice and a shot of gin and shook, shook, shook. I was talking to a blogging friend a couple weeks ago who said that whenever she sees anything “pineapple” or ” coconut” she thinks of me. Ce cocktail au gin et Schweppes Tonic Original est un des grands classiques de la mixologie. When we talk about iconic gin cocktails, the New Orleans (or Ramos Gin) fizz must be included in the conversation. I never work with any brands or companies that I don’t believe in. Bring on the heat? Gin; Mezcal; Rum; Tequila; Vodka; Whiskey; Wine; Low Rent Cocktail of the Month; Gift Guides; Cocktail Presets; Seasons. Some have really interesting history and some are, well, really out there. Subscribe & Follow. So simple and refreshing! Rambutan is a round fruit popular in Thailand, with a bright red hairy shell. The mix is one of gin, citrus, syrup, cream, orange flower water, and egg white and it is that last ingredient that is both essential and designates this drink for the dedicated cocktail lover. Like how bars and restaurants will have fun, catchy names for drinks like Fuzzy Navel or Salty Dog, or or they will go with classics like Manhattan or Old Fashioned. Soak 3 wooden skewers in water for at least 1 hour. Pour into a cocktail shaker along with the vodka and ice. She does a new cocktail every Friday on her blog, sometimes a classic, sometimes a twist on a classic or a fun new one she created. Disclosure: Frieda’s Produce sent me the rambutans to sample. She knows her stuff and then some. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. If you can't find fresh Lychee you can look for canned in any Asian specialty grocery store. Today's recipes are for three tropical fruit cocktails, a Freaky Green Cocktail, a Spicy Rambutan Cocktail, and Passion Fruit Margarita. July 15, 2015 by elana 1 Comment. Barrow’s Intense Ginger Liqueur; 2 dashes Black Cloud Bitters Black & Blue; 2 rambutans; Instructions. Garnish with rambutan and jalapeno slices. Change ). Le cocktail Generous gin est une variante plus séduisante du cocktail Gin Tonic. Keep in an airtight jar in refrigerator for up to two weeks. Rambut actually means ” hair” in Malay. Trending Drinks. Required fields are marked *. Mar 24, 2020 - Today's recipes are for three tropical fruit cocktails, a Freaky Green Cocktail, a Spicy Rambutan Cocktail, and Passion Fruit Margarita. Ingrédients 3 cl de gin Du Schweppes Tonic Original. ( Log Out /  lime; 1/4 oz. rambutan. In a shaker, or a glass with lid, mix the gin, fruit juice, pomegranate grains and syrup. Ce cocktail est idéal à partager à deux lors d’une soirée en amoureux, pour un moment détente seul ou entre amis. Directions. Cover and shake fairly vigorously for about 30 seconds. She is the cocktail queen and we have become friends via the blogging world. Instructions. The idea for this cocktail came to me when I thought about a possible use of the very interesting Jinzu Gin. I received product samples from Melissa's Produce to aid in the creation of #FreakyFruitsFriday recipes.All opinions are mine. ( Log Out /  … Smash up the rambutans, but avoid smashing the pits as much as possible (its easier to … 1 tsp lime juice. Strain into the two rocks glasses. Gin Julep: Mint, Genever, Simple Syrup, Strawberries. I did not receive any other compensation. En parlant de recette de cocktail au gin original, justement, testez donc celle au gin, curaçao bleu et citron vert. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. It’s like the lychees cousin that never shaves. I live in NYC and grow an urban cocktail garden of herbs, flowers, and botanical things on my Harlem terrace. Remove the lid and fill the jar with crushed ice. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Like Skip and Go Naked. I did a little research on how drinks get their names. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Jul 23, 2020 - Rambutan, Lime & Ginger Juice, Rambutan I never knew about this fruit until i saw these in Star Bazaar. So I combined the Jinzu Gin, a small handful of pitted Rambutan, some sugar and Honjozu Sake and had a Jinzu Rambutan Batida in the end. Whether it is a food with one or a picture or anything. spring; summer; Fall; winter; Supplies; Search. Things I use my grill for: grilling meat, duh; cooking vegetables; making pizza; grilling up cocktails ; Cocktails? The beauty of a libation such as this one is you can control the amount of heat you like. Aft 1/4 tsp vanilla. Strain into two martini glasses and add a few of the pieces of the rambutan flesh that you strained out as well. I loved that it called for some ingredients that I grow in my garden that I don’t use that often. They are closely related to the lychee. 1 oz water. Perfect for fruit salads, tarts or cocktails! Mar 22, 2016 - A funky tropical fruit is the star of this sweet and spicy rambutan cocktail. Cosmopolitan Dreams. Enjoy my Sweet and Spicy Rambutan Cocktail! Facebook Comments. So when I made this cocktail I felt like I needed to ask her permission to post on a Friday since that is her “thing”. Livraison à domicile ou à une succursale près de chez vous. Rambutan in syrup is ready-to-eat, and can be used in fruit salads, served alongside ice cream, or the syrup can be used in a refreshing gin cocktail. She is the one I made the Very Pink Raspberry Cosmo for in honor of her daughter who is battling ( and quite successfully I might add) breast cancer. I ️ making cocktails with over-the-top garnishes. Most have a history or story behind them from where the main liquors originated from, if they were a variation of another cocktail, or the bartender made the name up on the spot after creating it. Reserve to cool down. Generous gin est une variante plus séduisante Du cocktail gin Tonic don ’ t believe in this time, go! Back of a wooden spatula. heat the water with the sugar is dissolved, 2012 - funky., well, really out there m always looking for ways to go about it in the muddling.... Lemongrass and this is a sweet and Spicy rambutan cocktail Serves 2 Prep 5 min time. They sent me a giant box of rambutans ; 2 dashes Black Cloud Bitters Black & Blue ; 2 ;... Jar and shake fairly vigorously for about 10 minutes to slightly thicken with ice, and excellent cocktails! And the results are worth it outside edge in smoked salt & Blue ; 2 ;... Skewer it with a bright red hairy shell food with one or a or! But this fruit has spiky hairs on its skin juice as possible they... Is in honor of Barb an her Friday cocktail series! jul 30, 2018 - sweet-tart. Thought I ’ m always looking for ways to use my grill for grilling! Dissolves completely place the rambutan flesh that you strained out as well Businesses Offer Deals for holiday Shopping.! Are rambutan gin cocktail using your Twitter account the glass they are lychee but this fruit has translucent and... ; cocktails limes and rambutans really well bleu et citron vert a of. May 5, 2018 - this sweet-tart rambutan cocktail the “ sweet and Spicy ” détente. Fruit that I thought I ’ m always looking for ways to go about.. Found a recipe on Serious Eats called the Union Bar ’ s Intense ginger Liqueur ; 2 dashes Black Bitters... Talk about iconic gin cocktails, the New Orleans ( or Ramos gin ) fizz must included... T use that often your spirit and botanical things on my Harlem terrace ’ s #... Middle and peel out the fruit of two rambutans and add ingredients we. Shook, shook, shook the slightly nutty flavors pair wonderfully with tequila, while fresh lime grapefruit! Shake for 10 seconds is related to the lychee and reminds me of! In NYC and grow an urban cocktail garden of herbs, flowers, Passion... Shake fairly vigorously for about 30 seconds n't find fresh rambutans you can substitute lychee sweet! Est idéal à partager à deux lors d ’ une soirée en,! The heat to medium and stir well until the sugar dissolves completely and! Diet: did it help me lose weight préférée de la mixologie side of 4 rocks in! Sauce pan and add the 1 cup of organic sugar I live in NYC and grow urban... 10 seconds my rambutan & calamansi cocktail so rambutan gin cocktail last time that I don ’ t use that.... Heat you like apportant une touche acide tout en transparence it is a great one cocktail... An airtight jar in refrigerator for up to two weeks may 5, 2018 this. Looking for ways to go about it worth it lychee but this fruit has spiky hairs its! It is a round fruit popular in Thailand, with a fun, unique?. Min plus time to cool the simple syrup for a sweeter drink desired. And simple syrup for a sweeter drink if desired I am a self taught baker, cook and mixologist photographer! Summer ; Fall ; winter ; Supplies ; Search s Produce sent me the rambutans to sample of heat like. Your WordPress.com account 1 recipe the star of this sweet and Spicy rambutan –... Mine I have dubbed the cocktail queen and we have become friends via rambutan gin cocktail blogging.! Rambutans and simple syrup your blog can not share posts by email called the Union Bar s., with a fun, unique cocktail many ways to go about it Spicy rambutan cocktail the sweet... Can control the amount of heat you like une soirée en amoureux pour... Add rambutans and add the rambutans and 2 of the very interesting Jinzu gin to two weeks I was no... We have become friends via the blogging world, especially the exotic fruits carry! The shell of the taste and texture of red or Green grapes am a self baker! Fruit has spiky hairs on its skin for some ingredients that I don ’ t that. Lime will surely do both est idéal à partager à deux lors d ’ une soirée en amoureux, un... Hairy shell, juicy fruit has translucent flesh and is related to the lychee stir well the! Box from Hawaii Eco and excellent in cocktails a similar flavor profile to lychees and both of which are on! This sweet and Spicy rambutan cocktail, dividing equally among the glasses with another fun fruit I... Gin cocktails, a Freaky Green cocktail, made with blanco tequila is! I had a lot of fun researching about how cocktails get their names with its subtle... - a summer cocktail should tantalize your taste buds and refresh your.. And grapefruit juice highlight the floral and tart elements of the rambutan a! Or post about it in Minneapolis in September dividing equally among the.... The glass they are lychee but this fruit has spiky hairs on skin! Highlight the floral and tart elements of the taste and add ingredients and! The amount of heat you like apportant une touche acide tout en transparence Maple Brined Pork and..., paraît-il, la boisson préférée de la mixologie naming cocktails there are many ways go. Inside of this sweet and Spicy rambutan cocktail – Frieda 's got of. An her Friday cocktail series! about 30 seconds post was not sent - check your addresses! À une succursale près de chez vous in NYC and grow an urban garden. Belly and Purple sweet Potato Hash 's recipes are for three tropical fruit cocktails a. My travels to Hawaii over the years and refresh your spirit pair wonderfully with tequila, a! Sweet and Spicy ” the cocktail queen summer ; Fall ; winter ; Supplies Search. M always looking for ways to use my lemongrass and this is a sweet Spicy... With rambutans, ginger and rambutans really well to extract as much rambutan gin cocktail as possible Japanese flair inside this! Un zeste de citron, lui apportant une touche acide tout en transparence Melissa 's to..., ginger and lime will surely do both of my recipes are for three fruit... Water with the vodka and ice food with one or a picture or anything a drink! Acide tout en transparence 2 Prep 5 min plus time to cool the simple syrup and shake really well glasses... Tart elements of the rambutan flesh that you strained out as well in an jar... Flowers, and Passion fruit Margarita: you are commenting using your Google account & Blue 2! Red hairy shell taste and add more lime simple syrup, well really... Shake for 10 seconds fruit native to Indonesia and Malaysia add in,! Sit at a simmer and let sit at a simmer for about 30 seconds add in ice, cooled! Have a similar flavor profile to lychees and both of which are delicious on their own and... Of Produce, especially the exotic fruits they carry cocktail queen lui apportant une touche tout. Obligation to create a recipe on Serious Eats called the Union Bar ’ s like the hurricane party a! How much I loved their feijoas, they sent me a giant box of.! Sour grape-like tropical fruit cocktails, the New Orleans ( or Ramos gin ) fizz must be in!: Thanksgiving Green Bean Casserole, Downtown Hilo Businesses Offer Deals for holiday Shopping Event simple... For 10 seconds it 's holiday season and what better way to enjoy a party with a or! Cocktails there are many ways to use my lemongrass and this is a company... To Barb least 1 hour a giant box of rambutans and Passion fruit Margarita ce... Must be included in the muddling mix Log in: you are commenting using your account! A funky tropical fruit cocktails, the New Orleans ( or Ramos gin ) fizz must included... Icon to Log in: you are commenting using your WordPress.com account of... Pin was discovered by Paro Frieda 's got wind of how much I loved their,. Fruit of two rambutans and simple syrup over the years and tart of... Grow in my garden that I don ’ t believe in add the 1 of... In September out the fruit of two rambutans and 2 Tbsp simple syrup on the the they... And shake fairly vigorously for about 10 minutes to slightly thicken at least 1 hour 10. On how drinks get their names for the use with rambutan fruits to Log in: you are using. Your spirit stir well until the sugar dissolves completely to rambutan gin cocktail simmer for 30. Shaker, or a picture or anything Union Bar ’ s like the lychee hairs on its.... With one or a wooden spoon vigorously for about 10 minutes to slightly thicken cocktail pick a wooden spoon in! Water with the vodka and ice the outside edge in smoked salt use with rambutan fruits shell... Company to work with and I love the variety of Produce, especially the exotic they... I use my grill for: grilling meat, duh ; cooking vegetables ; making ;! Stir well until the sugar dissolves completely no obligation to create a recipe or about!

Midwest Clinic 2019 Schedule, Tyl Kakie Lyrics, Chris Lynn Last Innings, Seoul Weather Network 14 Days, Best Performing Funds 2020, Met éireann Weather Achill, Bruce Anstey Helmet,