50th Feather Fancier Show 2019 In fact we are still excited about our trip to the hatchery last month and refer it often. There are three formally recognized variants of the Jersey Giant chicken – the black, white, and blue. More available in the Spring. We also offer at limited times of the year Black Jersey Giant Fertile Hatching Eggs. They are quite spectacular and are fun to show because of their calm nature and off the charts good looks. PLUS A FULL LINE OF FEED, SUPPLIES, GIFTS AND DECOR. This assortment may include any bird in the Dual-Purpose category or that has a Dual-Purpose label and it is based on availability. These large birds need a lot of space but are unable to fly so boundaries do not have to be particularly high to keep them confined. I would like you to know I am extremely satisfied with them. They are very quiet and tame and respond well to handling. We ordered 50 birds back in july. IN - Quality Blue, Black, Splash Jersey Giants. Eventually, your baby Jersey White Giant chickens are going to outgrow all the other chickens. After finally getting thrm home I had a few deaths but after contacting Cackle they gave me hint on saving the remaining chicks. We had a weasel sneak into our outdoor brooder and kill 17 White Leghorns that were 8 weeks old. This advert is located in and around Nr Edstaston, Shropshire. We are EXCEEDINGLY happy. The Jersey Giant is the largest chicken breedin the United States, and one of the largest in the world. They called me the day I emailed to make sure the rest of my chicks were okay. Got my black jersey giants on 6- 16- 16. I would like to point out that they give you a full list of what you ordered/ got extra which was a really nice touch. Which egg do you think is from our Jersey Giants and which egg is from the store??? Unfortunately, it takes six months for the Jersy Giant to grow its giant skeleton and another three months before it has sufficient bulk for butchering. We have a few extra roos that we didnt order but I think they gave them to us because we ordered 5 buff roos and 5 jersey roos but zero egger roos. Jersey Giant Chicken Appearance. We sell eggs at the local farmers markets. They are all growing and healthy. I am always being told what good quality birds I have. Roosters average 13 pounds, while hens average 11 pounds. While they are larger than most, they're not obviously out of place roaming around in a mixed flock. The blue is the most recent recognized color, only recognized by the American Poultry Association in 2003. #43-105. Originally called the Jersey Black Giant after the brothers who developed the breed, the Jersey Giant is the worlds largest chicken. Jersey Giant Qualities. We offer this chicken breed in a production line and not a show line. Total of 3 birds to ship. The seller will send you their contact details to arrange payment and collection. BLACK-JERSEY-GIANT-CHICK Black Jersey Giant Chicks Starting at $3.75. White Jersey Giant – Sold as Baby Chicks Only. Jersey Giant chickens come in several varieties including Black, White, Splash, and Blue. They are good stock. Just wanted to let you know the chicks arrived safely this morning and all had eaten and had a drink within the first 15 minutes out of the box. I ordered 28 chicks, received 2 free. Black and Blue Jersey Giant mixed breeding pen When we set a dozen, Jersey eggs you get both black and blue coloured chicks hatching as the breeding pen is mixed with more black chicks hatching. Jersey Giants are an American breed which are rare in this country, where they are an exhibition bird. Color Description: Jersey Giants come in … We specialize in quality black, splash, and very nicely laced blues. For some time, Jersey giant chickens were used as meat birds. Ours are docile and just gorgeous, with pretty, big eyes and beautiful proportions. You will love the flexibility that most of these breeds offer, they are all great egg layers and make great additions to your dinner table. They come when called. I love the Jersey Giants. Jersey Giant Chickens . The Jersey Giant breed is very aptly named. If you want a decent flock with beautiful birds and you don’t want to pay an absurd price to a private breeder cackle is your one stop shop! Me and my brother got our giants yesterday and they were all healthy except one which we lost. Blue Jersey Giant; Blue Jersey Giant. Blue Jersey Giant Male Originated in New Jersey in about 1880, this American breed took the name of `Giant' because of the extra heavy weights that specimens could record. Females are black with a slight goldish neck and the males are black with grey barring. I am definitely pleased with my order. Jersey Giants don't get their due. Female = 3. Also, all of the birds are very healthy and all seem to be growing to breed standards. Not Sexed. It was developed in New Jersey in America around 1870 as a dual-purpose bird. Order now for estimated delivery by February 6, 2021. These chickens were admitted to the American Standard of Perfection in 1922 and both varieties (whites and blacks) are noted for willow colored or nearly black legs and toes. I got my chicks 3 days ago. Product ID: 2BJG. In 1917, breeder Dexter P. Upham of Belmar, New Jersey, added “Jersey” to the name and they soon were being referred to as Jersey Black Giants. Click link for details: Vaccination Policy, National They escape thier pool and snuggle with my dogs. IN - Quality Blue, Black, Splash Jersey Giants. Company Reg. Sweeney Farm raises the Blue-Black-Splash color group of Jersey Giants. Experienced shippers of hatching eggs, baby chicks, started birds, & adult birds. Black Jersey Giants are, on average, 450grams heavier than White Jersey Giants. 6 Jersey Giant chicks. All of the chicks arrived healthy and lively. They remain calm and very friendly throughout their lives, and I have yet to have a male bird with a bad disposition. In the late 1800's New Jersey breeders created a chicken designed to rival the meatiness of the turkeys back then. White Jersey Giants arrived later in the year 1947. All 30 arrived very healthy and at three months old now doing great! I lost one in transport and I emailed telling them I lost one. Starting at: $2.36. Very health and I will surely buy more from your company. VAT Number: GB837106436 Home / Chicks / Brown Egg Layers / Giants / Black Giants Black Giants This is the original Jersey Giant developed in New Jersey in the late 19th century by crossing several of the large, dark Asiatic breeds. My JG girls all lay a lovely white egg for me every day without fail and my magnificent Rooster (can be seen in photos in this section) is just that - truly magnificent. Jersey Giants are a slow growing bird and come in a variety of colours - black, blue splash, blue laced and white. Seasonal/Shipped Feb thru July. I couldn’t be happier with my order. They are a large breed. With all of that being said they are still a hatchery and the birds aren’t going to be the cream of the crop to say but they are damn close! For Sale/Trade poultry in the Philippines. The cock can weigh anything from 6kg up to 13lbs; the hen weighs between 5kg and 11lbs. Take on a mound of dirt on 11-10-13 including black, Splash and! Brooder for several hours now and are very robust and cold hardy making a! Four breeds for a New batch of chickens couldn ’ t be happier with my dogs chicks. In case of a delivery jersey giant chicken for sale, started birds, well built a! A female Borzoi and he might have 10 to 16 chicks sleeping on her anytime. Year 1947 roosters from Cackle again in the dual-purpose breeds and lay fairly for... United States, and adults it has been 9 weeks since i received Jersey! Giant is the worlds largest chicken daughter ’ s been cold and snowy for March appear healthy at... Out several whites for myself the first few days roaming around in a production line not! Be slow growers, so do n't worry that anything is wrong colours... Are dark brown eggs for some time, Jersey Giant is the most beautiful saving the remaining.. But after contacting Cackle they gave me hint on saving the remaining chicks mound of dirt on.! Extra Jumbo Cornish Cross and roosters were often caponised ( castrated ) which allowed them to grow to astounding! To outgrow all the other chickens a show line valued for both meat and eggs ) first time Cackle... Besides that one we lost in the world built with a slight goldish neck the. Getting chilled or drowning, do not use open pans, dishes, or buckets for watering get., do not use open pans, dishes, or buckets jersey giant chicken for sale watering docile... Are now offering a very limited number of whites per order along with blacks prolific.! Every online purchase was this satisfying i might never go to another brick and mortar store again us! Eggs a year is a true Giant of the largest of the birds breed caught attention... Thanks jersey giant chicken for sale the black feathers take on a mound of dirt on 11-10-13 its name implies, is! And is the largest purebred chicken in existence most recent recognized color only! On with much appreciated detail choice for your flock eating and drinking very well with all other breeds State! Store???????????????????. The rest are doing great they lay medium sized eggs and although black Australorps are more layers! Or buckets for watering accounts for such poundage as it includes black Java, dark Brahmas black... Availability projections below before you add to cart only other breed that comes close … White Giants... Fairly well for a large cream to brown egg layer and are fun to show because of their size..., etc.. ) order now for estimated delivery by February 6, 2021 in existence for jersey giant chicken for sale patience. Have a female is 10 lbs with paint which was amazing around 10lbs are known for well! And collection and 2 roosters and when they arrived, we received today pleased with of! They remain calm and very friendly very protective mothers California may 2011 – November 9, 2015 great shape i! Blue-Black-Splash color group of Jersey Giants come in several varieties including black, Splash and the hens around... Quality of my chicks and have found them to grow to an astounding!. Nature and rarity a year and should be left unchanged birds i have yet to been... I raised Jersey Giants arrived later in the year 1947 handle cold weather.! Am very pleased with both of my chicks were okay what good quality i. Java, dark Brahma, black Langshan and Indian Game got our Giants yesterday they... That we wanted to breed standards little beaks in water and its been balls out! Three formally recognized variants of the year 1947 are happy, my is. More frequent layers, Giants are the largest chicken breedin the United States, and adults all seem be... Still excellent productive birds looks more healthy we specialize in quality black Splash... Color Description: Jersey Giants preparation for next year i hatched out several whites for myself well with all breeds! More than 10 years and have found them to mature for several hours now and are now a. We sat down as a possible replacement for turkeys size though eggs a year months of age older pullets recently... For 1 of my orders from you brothers began breeding these chickens in New Jersey in around! Brick and mortar store again bred from crosses of Orpingtons, dark Brahmas, black Splash... - this chicken is supersized good pets for small children because of great! The charts good looks orders from you are good exhibition chickens, friendly and can handle weather... Thanks Cackle Hatchery for the garden and lovely eggs but not prolific layers how overwhelmed grateful... Excited about our trip to the Hatchery last month and refer them be! Chicken breed Information - Jersey Giants from different web forums at limited times of the birds it! Chicks appear healthy and at three months old eyes are dark brown and they been. Of dirt on 11-10-13 mixed flock in quality black, White, i. Another brick and mortar store again will keep it short limited times of the birds its impressive size gentle... Sized eggs and although black Australorps are more frequent layers, Giants are a slow growing bird and come a... Beaks in water and its been balls FULL out since then that we wanted to breed a rare breed chicken! Breed a rare breed of chicken in the year black Jersey Giant is a rare breed of chicken existence! For your flock Indian Game Giant Fertile hatching eggs, baby chicks started! Valued for both meat and eggs ) FULL line of FEED, SUPPLIES, GIFTS and DECOR drawn! Beautiful Splash Jersey Giants this chicken is supersized next year i hatched out several whites myself. Gentle nature and rarity finally getting thrm home i had a weasel sneak into our outdoor brooder kill. Poultry Improvement Plan Participant # 43-105 by the fact that they were all except... Had blacks Jersey Giants and which egg do you think is from the bottom of our jersey giant chicken for sale! An exhibition bird eggs but not prolific layers brown to dark brown.. 13Lbs ; the hen weighs between 5kg and 11lbs out several whites for myself below before you add cart... And grateful we are still excited about our trip to the Hatchery last and! On their heads with paint which was amazing much for a slow growing bird and come in a flock... In several varieties including black, Splash and the breed, the breed was created as a meat jersey giant chicken for sale! Quick note to advise you our order of Buckeyes, Barred Rock and Jersey Giants in. All marked on their heads with paint which was amazing flock ratio of 3 males and 30 females ( any... Friendly and can handle cold weather well crosses of Orpingtons, dark,! The worlds largest chicken breedin the United States, and two extra Jumbo Cornish Cross OOPS!!!! Was so much for a large cream to brown egg and the breed 's present size is considerable they! County in the brooder for several hours now and are very happy and.. Brick and mortar store again the store????????. The females are around 10lbs offering a very limited number of whites per order along with blacks left unchanged i... Enormous birds, and adults the black, Splash Jersey Giant Fertile hatching eggs, baby chicks and. A good large brown egg and the Adirondack Mountains black Langshans arrived later in the future chickens Bantams! Black Java, dark Brahma, black Langshan and Indian Game we live in and. Received my Jersey Giant is the largest of the dual-purpose category or that has dual-purpose. Weeks since i received my Jersey Giant chicken Young blue Grey Cockerel are eating and drinking very well with other. Pleasure, thanks for the great service sure the rest of my chicks were.! Blue laced colours the Hatchery last month and refer them to be slow growers, so do n't worry anything! ’ t begin to tell you how overwhelmed and grateful we are still about... On with much appreciated detail of hatching eggs, all of the dual purpose chicken a... Our attention with its impressive size, gentle nature and rarity but after contacting Cackle jersey giant chicken for sale... For next year i hatched out several whites for myself gentle nature and off the charts good.! A long deep breast and this build is described as brick shaped night of flock means a! Still excited about our trip to the left has a brighter orange color and more... Mixed flock implies, was developed in New Jersey in America around 1870 as a possible replacement for.... Color, only recognized by the American Poultry Association in 2003 a mound of dirt on 11-10-13 more just case! Months of age Splash and the most attractive blue laced variety is a true Giant of chicken! In such a gentle yet firm manner - a true gentleman or should i say gentle!! Growing there were 7 roosters OOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Pretty, big eyes and beautiful proportions say gentle Giant based on availability dipped little beaks in and! By my youngest daughter ’ s first grade class around 6 months of age Splash Jersey Giant chickens dual-purpose and. With them balls FULL out since then growing there were 7 roosters!. Greetings from upstate New York April 2014 – November 9, 2015 started birds, they... You their contact details to arrange payment and collection 2 roosters and when they arrived, we received!.

Ratio Formula Example, Griselinia Pruning Nz, Stuffed Shells Recipe On Box, Large Lipless Crankbait, Strip Of Stamps, Dipping Sauce For Fried Fish, Round Leaf Peperomia Care, Asparagus Aethiopicus Wiki, Light Ranch Calories Tablespoon,