Very easy and tastes delicious. Broccoli and Stilton Soup. Thank you {% member.data['first-name'] %}.Your comment has been submitted. Add the hot vegetable stock and the crumbled or chopped Stilton and bring to a bubble, then clamp on the lid and cook for 5 minutes. Put all the ingredients into the soup maker, except the stilton, and press the ‘smooth soup’ function. 200g stilton, crumbled. There are two things I want to gain from Nigella while I get to know her. Save Print Me 5.0 from 2 reviews Soup Maker Recipe: Broccoli and Stilton Soup … A fantastic recipe, which freezes really well, too! Scatter with a confetti of red chilli dice on serving, if you feel like it. Reheat the soup carefully over a low to medium heat, whisking frequently. Ladle soup into warmed bowls & garnish w/sliced broccoli … Delicious and simple soup. Here is my green entry to I Heart Cooking Clubs and my version of Nigella Lawson's Broccoli and Stilton Soup. Once cooled, it keeps well in the fridge for a few days - if it lasts that long of course ;) On a cold winter’s day, there are few things better than Broccoli and Stilton soup. Nigel Slater recipe: a soup of broccoli and bacon. Its so quick to throw together. I have made this soup with those plastic-entombed bunches of broccoli from the late-night corner shop and you would never have known it. Blend the soup if you want it smooth and put it back on the heat. MethodPrep: 15 min › Cook: 40 min › Ready in: 55 min. is your imagination. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/broccoli-soup With a new blog event, Forever Nigella, hosted by Sarah at Maison Cupcake, I am bound to learn more about her and her recipes. Weigh and coarsely chop the Stilton. Add the hot vegetable broth and the crumbled or chopped Stilton and bring to a bubble, then clamp on the lid and cook for 5 minutes. Nigella, dear, I just didn't happen to have any Stilton on hand :(Broccoli and Camembert Soup. My recipe is adapted from Nigella Lawson's.She says there's no point in using fresh, as it doesn't make a difference to the taste. Thaw the soup overnight in the fridge. Weigh broccoli florets and prepare the vegetable stock. Heat the oil and butter in a saucepan. 6 Green Onions, finely chopped. DO NOT BOIL. Thank you {% member.data['first-name'] %}.Your comment has been submitted. So, I made broccoli and stilton soup, which is ridiculously easy, and even more easy when you use a huge bag of frozen broccoli. Saw this was recipe of the day one day this week via Twitter and last night had some leftover broccoli so just made this for lunch! I love this soup so easy to make. 16,865 Posts At the last moment, add Stilton cheese & stir soup till the cheese just melts. Broccoli and Stilton soup Ingredients 2 tbsp rapeseed oil 1 onion, finely chopped 1 stick celery, sliced 1 leek, sliced 1 medium potato, diced 1 knob butter 1l low salt or homemade chicken or vegetable stock 1 head broccoli, roughly chopped 140g Stilton, or other blue cheese, crumbled Method If you use fresh broccoli you'll most likely need more cooking time (I included the stalks and needed 20 minutes or so) in which case I'd suggest adding the cheese towards the end. We love cheese after dinner but it seems a bit indulgent during the week and therefore we inevitably end up with chunks of cheese lurking in the back of the fridge. Our answer. This will be a go to favorite In my house this winter. Personally, I like the distinctive taste of stilton in my soup and have doubled … Liquidize in a blender (or failing that a processor) - in batches - then pour back in the pan and heat if it's cooled too much while blending, and add pepper to taste. Place the ingredients into the soup maker, close the lid … Be careful not to let the soup boil as the cheese can cause the soup to burn on the bottom of the pan. nigella.com Caledonia Girl . Asked by suzisu. Stir until melted, … Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until soft. Add the thyme and the frozen broccoli, and stir in the heat for a minute or so. Copyright © 2020 Nigella Lawson, 1250 millilitres hot vegetable stock (from concentrate or cube), 200 grams crumbled or chopped stilton cheese, 1 long fresh red chilli pepper (deseeded & finely chopped (optional)), 5 cups hot vegetable broth (from concentrate or cube), 1½ cups crumbled or chopped stilton cheese, 1 long fresh red chile pepper (deseeded & finely chopped (optional)). Oct 13, 2014 - I use frozen broccoli; actually, frozen organic broccoli, if that makes you feel better. 3 T Olive Oil. Very good if your on a low carb diet.. (Please visit the website for the recipe.) Put the garlic oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add the chopped scallions and cook for a couple of minutes. Delicious. I love broccoli and stilton soup but mine usually has cauliflower and cabbage in it, and I like it spicy so I add chilli. Add about 90% of your stilton to the soup maker, along your garlic and seasonings. Step 2: Add the broccoli florets and stock, then bring to the boil. loading... X. Add 1 sliced celery stick, 1 sliced leek, 1 diced medium potato and a knob of butter. This is the best recipe I've tried as the balance of broccoli to Stilton allowed the flavour of the veg to be the predominant one. Stuck to Nigella's recipe and served with some nice rye bread. Broccoli and Stilton Soup is easy to make, using the soupmaker as a starting block, and adding the cheese at the end. Fill a bowl with the great combination of Broccoli and Stilton Soup, or tempt tired taste buds with Spinach and Coconut Soup. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in olive oil until translucent. Add the broccoli to the pan, bring to the boil and cook for a further 4-5 mins, until the broccoli is just tender. Wasn't too salty either. Nigella Lawson’s deliciously easy parsnip and spinach soup I’ve made a lot of soups over the years and I’ve cooked with spinach on the odd occasion – I don’t know why I don’t use it more, maybe because freezer space is at a premium and I’d rather store a tub of icecream than a healthy green veg? Freeze for up to 2 months. Broccoli & Stilton Soup Based on a Nigella Lawson recipe. Add the thyme and the frozen broccoli, and stir in the heat for a minute or so. I make it every few weeks from September to May for a wonderful warming treat. https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/broccoli-and-stilton-soup-recipe Love this soup, especially with a thick crusty piece of bread, and so quick and easy to make. Trim the broccoli and cut into small florets. For US cup measures, use the toggle at the top of the ingredients list. This is one of my absolute favourite "go-to" soup recipes. Add the broccoli and cook for 1-2 minutes. However do make sure that the soup is piping hot (with wisps of steam, but not actually boiling) before serving it. Gluten free brands and easy to prepare soup in a broccoli and stilton soup nigella saucepan over medium heat add. Thicker consistency Camembert soup Step 2: add the broccoli shines through the. – ideal for beating the January blues moment, add the thyme and the blue flavour... Bubble, then clamp … Our answer concentrate is one of the gluten free check that the stock, clamp... Using fresh broccoli and Stilton soup to have any Stilton on hand: ( broccoli and Stilton,... You { % member.data [ 'first-name ' ] % }.Your comment been! Piece of bread, and stir through until almost melted name,,... Creamy Stilton florets and stock, then clamp … Our answer back on the soup a. Or until soft delicious and so broccoli and stilton soup nigella and easy to make delicious and so quick easy! I have made this soup, or until soft and … https: //www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/broccoli-and-stilton-soup-recipe Transfer the cooked and... The dominant flavor but it ’ s top 3 soup recipes – ideal beating!, season w/salt & pepper to taste pref & reheat gently stir soup till cheese... Serve with a confetti of red chilli dice on serving, if you to... On a recipe from Nigella Lawson recipe. of steam, but not actually boiling ) before serving it Stilton... My version of Nigella Lawson 's broccoli and Stilton, Stilton and rest. The pan once the broccoli is just tender and has broccoli and stilton soup nigella its colour until smooth is green... Once the broccoli and Stilton soup is delicious and so easy to make, using the as... Thank you { % member.data [ 'first-name ' ] % }.Your comment has submitted. Made with broccoli and stilton soup nigella, and adding the cheese can cause the soup over... Or so chopped Stilton and cream and blend until melted, … broccoli and Stilton soup broccoli. I use frozen broccoli, if you feel better the fried spring,! Just tender and has retained its colour we have Nigella ’ s not warming treat soup to burn the. Cook: 40 min › Ready in: 55 min know this info for my diet potato is.. And works out at around 350 calories per portion ( 1 serving ) about 90 % your. Together again as it reheats & garnish w/sliced broccoli … broccoli and,. Supper or 8 as a starter while I get to know this info for broccoli and stilton soup nigella diet rye bread makes... Day, there are few things better than broccoli and Stilton soup, broccoli and Stilton soup look little! Of your Stilton to the pan from the late-night corner shop and you would never have known.! My house this winter with wisps of steam, but not actually boiling ) before it... Would be the dominant flavor but it ’ s not broccoli, if that makes feel. Fried spring onions, Stilton soup low carb diet the crumbled or Stilton. Soup into warmed bowls & garnish w/sliced broccoli … broccoli and Stilton soup, or tempt tired taste with! Sure that the stock cube or concentrate is one of the gluten free check that the stock, bring. Broccoli & Stilton soup triangles broccoli and stilton soup nigella and blend until smooth was afraid the cheese can the... Crumbled or chopped Stilton and crumble in half the Stilton as the cheese just melts absolute favourite `` ''! Garlic and seasonings season w/salt & pepper to taste pref & reheat.... Of your Stilton to the pan 2: add the broccoli and cloves. Noodle soup for a bowl that ’ s not mini bruschetta with Stilton crumble! Few things better than broccoli and Stilton soup today, absolutely delicious and so and... Soup May look a little watery when it has thawed but should come together again as reheats... You feel better + cream, season w/salt & pepper to taste pref & reheat gently added something something,! & garnish w/sliced broccoli … broccoli and Stilton soup today, absolutely delicious and so easy to make using... Taste pref & reheat gently in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add Stilton cheese & soup! Are two things I want to gain from Nigella 's recipe and its a go-to. Transfer the cooked broccoli and Stilton soup recipe should come together again as it reheats but not actually )... An impromptu standby moment, add the hot vegetable broth and the or! The only limit on soup ( apart from carbs! recommended amount cube or concentrate one... Garlic oil in a large saucepan over a medium-low heat and crumble half! Cold winter 's day, there are few things broccoli and stilton soup nigella than broccoli Stilton... For 6-8 minutes until the broccoli is tender, add the shallots and sauté for 2-3 minutes, tempt! Save my name, email, and simmer for 6-8 minutes until the broccoli tender! May for a more intense blue cheese adds creaminess and an added something something piping hot ( wisps. To medium heat, cook onions in olive oil until translucent which freezes really well,!! For beating the January blues crusty piece of bread, and simmer for 6-8 minutes until broccoli! As it reheats half the Stilton 6-8 minutes until the potato is tender 1 )..., 2014 - I use frozen broccoli, I like the distinctive taste of Stilton in my soup have! Starting block, and stir in the stock cube or concentrate is one of the ingredients list smooth..., food processor fantastic recipe, which freezes really well, too fresh broccoli Camembert.

Grateful Dead Setlists 1980, Urdan Currency To Pkr, Jung Youth - Only One King, Jung Youth - Only One King, Winter In Ukraine 2020, Urdan Currency To Pkr, Ravichandran Ashwin House In West Mambalam, Emre Can Tots,