as some of you may be aware of this most however may not be, They seemed to have made the right changes without destroying the fundamental bike we love.San Francisco. There are enough gravel back roads in my area to ride literally for days without going pavement. Total capacity is 36W to provide ample power for the new headlight as well as add-on grip heaters and other accessories New, easy-to-read instrument panel is mounted to the frame, contributing to lighter steeringFull instrumentation includes a large-face speedometer, tachometer, odometer, trip meter and water temperature gauge Firmer urethane seat foam offers greater comfort for long-distance riding Seat height is lower, but reduced suspension sag means the rider’s ability to reach the ground is about the sameOptional extended warranty, Engine:  Liquid-cooled, four-stroke, DOHC, four-valve singleDisplacement:  651ccBore x stroke:  100mm x 83mmCompression ratio:  9.8:1Carburetion:  Keihin CVK40Transmission:  Five-speedFinal drive:  O-ring chainFrame:  Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steelRake:  28 degreesFront suspension:  41mm telescopic fork, 7.9 inches of travelRear suspension:  UNI-TRAK single-shock system with five-way preload and stepless rebound damping, 7.3 inches of travelFront tire:  90/90-21Rear tire:  130/80-17Front brake: 280mm petal disc with hydraulic dual-piston caliperRear brake:  240mm petal disc with hydraulic dual-piston caliperOverall length:  90.3 inchesOverall width:  37.8 inchesOverall height:  53.1 inchesSeat height:  35 inchesWheelbase: 58.3 inchesGround clearance:  8.3 inchesFuel capacity: 6.1 gallonsDry weight:  386 poundsMSRP:  $5,349. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor, Significant capacity permits adventure touring, All-new bodywork features a larger fairing, which contributes to increased wind protection Alternator output has been increased from 14.5A to 17A. Front suspension travel is reduced from 9.1 in. The engine is paired with a 5-Speed transmission and total fuel capacity is … The bike has been rebuilt essentially handle bars t… more Over 4 weeks ago on Cycle Trader $2,699 2008 Kawasaki KLR650 650 16. Come guys, somebody has to be thinking of or actually modifying your 2008 KLR650! CHAT View and Download Kawasaki 2008 KLR650 manual online. Looks like a deformed beak on a prehistoric bird. There’s improved throttle response from revised ignition mapping, and revised cam timing contributes to improved high-rpm performance. the "08" It always starts and runs great.I did replace the doohickey in March 2011, with 13,000 miles on it. I do like the shorter suspension, the front forks on old model were not very good. That’s right a bike for the urban jungle. Shop thousands of Kawasaki KLR650 Parts at guaranteed lowest prices. I bent mine after one particualarly nasty motorcross track incident. No surprise the new model is faithful to its traditional role. The previous model was much more dirt worthy than this model. I just bought the bike less than 2-weeks ago it is everything that I could have expected. 79 $ 11.99. Revised cam timing contributes to improved high-rpm performanceNew intake porting offers greater low-end torqueNew piston rings are thinner and have more tension, for improved oil consumptionNew one-piece exhaust pipe features smoother bends for improved exhaust efficiency at all rpmSpecial tuning to improve low- and mid-range powerLight, silent cam chain reduces engine noiseOil-level window permits easy and accurate inspection, New Denso radiator is thin and lightweight. #16. vorhese, May 7, 2007 #17. vorhese Adventurer. So far during break in its been a joy to ride and for those who ride mostly street it is great at that. K&N Air Filter KA-6589 $ 54. The 2008 KLR650 features enhanced stopping power, thanks to a new 280mm petal-style front brake rotor that’s similar to ones used on Kawasaki’s Ninja sportbikes. $1K later, I’m left with a bike I don’t trust anymore. I like it. to 7.3 in. 21 years in production proves it beyond question. For 2008 the venerable Kawasaki KLR650 dual-sport has gotten its first major update since the model was introduced in 1987. to 7.3 in. Official accessories for the 2008 KLR™650 - a complete list of accessories for Kawasaki products. Other than the syling changes, I’d rather keep my 2006. wider than the old rack, and a new, narrower tail section which makes it easier to mount saddlebags. ... 2008 klr 650 dash plate and windshield riser video 2 - Duration: 2:00. Skip navigation Sign in. I am talking real off roading, not just the dirt road behind the house. Power is provided by a 4-Stroke, 651cc, Liquid cooled, DOHC, Single-Cylinder engine with Electric starter. There’s a larger rear luggage rack that’s 3.5 in. It includes new front and rear suspension that both reduce the wheel travel. (800) 336-5437 7am-7pm Monday - Friday, 8am-4pm Saturday MT. The new KLR650 is well suited to life on the highways, deserts, mountains or even the challenging terrain of today’s urban jungle. Another 21 years? diesel eng.----and an even larger fuel tank,mpg still remain in the same area may be a little better --- top speed in the neighborhood of 80-85 mph and a subdued desert sand paint job,plus some more mods. I am glad to have additional braking, though. With an optional Kawasaki tank bag and soft luggage on the larger standard rear rack, KLR650 owners can tote enough gear for an extended trip to any remote location. I am quite interested in this bike. It seemed like a good time to let people, that are considering purchasing a KLR650, know how well their bike will hold up.The bike has been very reliable. my opinion for what it’s worth, Kawasaki should have not changed the looks but improved suspension, brakes, and the infamous doohickey. I like the new headlight design. The 2008 KLR650 features enhanced stopping power, thanks to a new 280mm petal-style front brake rotor that’s similar to ones used on Kawasaki’s Ninja sportbikes. The Kawasaki KLR650 has been a long-standing model in Kawasaki’s lineup, having been introduced in 1987 and remaining almost unchanged through the 2007 model. I’ll be switching to progressive springs this winter. View and Download Kawasaki KLR650 service manual online. These new suspension and brake upgrades boost the KLR650’s on-road performance, without diminishing its versatile off-road capabilities. A redesigned cylinder head boasts new intake porting for greater low-end torque and quicker throttle response in city traffic, as well as improved top-end power for high-speed cruising on the open road. When trading in at a dealership. Rear braking performance is … I have a crf450 that I ride/race off-road. I'm keeping mine as is until something breaks. Everything else aside, that front fender looks butt ugly! Join millions of people using Oodle to find unique used motorcycles, used roadbikes, used dirt bikes, scooters, and mopeds for sale. Use our comprehensive OEM schematic diagrams to find the exact parts you need to get the job done, and get riding! 252. Fits your 2008 Kawasaki KLR650. The service allows to compare and analyze statistics for reported problems, complaints, recalls for various manufacturers. My 2008 KLR 650 with 18,000 miles just caught on fire while parked outside my house at 2 in the morning. Fits your 2008 Kawasaki KLR650. If you own the multi-talented Kawasaki KLR 650 from 1996 and onwards, at Cogent Dynamics, you have found the people and company who are dedicated to improving your riding pleasure by improving the KLR 650 comfort and capabilities, providing you with excellent value in proven high … Maybe they’ll let me test ride a 2008. A redesigned UNI-TRAK linkage reduces sag and compliments the new front suspension by reducing rear wheel travel from 8.1 in. I’ll guess $1000.00 plus.. Click here to sell a used 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 or advertise any other MC for sale. It’s now more so with the 2008 upgrade. personaly i like the new klr its faster so thats a definite plus and im going from a honda 919 to a klr 650, yeah i know some call me crazy buy i misss the offroad , with new style i get to keep a street look too,lets face it id rather go 100 mile an hour on a paved corner than dirt!! Below is the information on the 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650. Great... more compressed oatmeal bolts and plastic fairings to fly off. A large 6.1-gallon fuel tank and miserly fuel economy mean the new KLR650 retains its legendary range between fill-ups. 2008 KAWASAKI KLR650, Super low miles and it shows, with 5,497 miles this KLR is a great buy for someone looking for a dual sport. New 4mm spokes (up from 3.5mm) provide increased wheel stiffness, enhanced handling performance and improved steering response. It now features high output headlights, and the time tested engine has been updated with a throttle position sensor, revised ignition mapping and cam timing, as well as a revised cylinder head. I will stick with my aztec red 2006.Do not purchase the new bike until it can prove better than the old bikes. I had a 00’. and to also generate the money to buy it out right,and now I only look back in the mirrors — and I miss it very much being and by the way 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 Added Nov 2016 • 9 Fuel-ups. Also for: 2009 klr650. However, taking it to out of the city wasn’t good at all. Riders will be able to take full advantage of the KLR’s range, thanks to a revised seat design and new urethane foam for greater long-distance comfort. The KLR650 motorcycle is heavier than specialized off-road dirt bikes, but it can handle most conditions when ridden carefully by a skilled rider. The 2008 may be an awesome bike in it's own right, don't get me wrong. 95. See prices, photos and find dealers near you. Bout time Kawasaki upgraded the great KLR650! It is as though it had hit every branch down the perverbial "ugly tree" and somehow will survive for the time being. Find Kawasaki Klrs for Sale on Oodle Classifieds. Below is the information on the 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650. The 08 KLR in my opinion lost its cool, bad-ass look. I have owner Honda XL enduros in the past and still maintain an XR for strictly off road but I needed a street commuter with gas prices as they are and this is my first time on the street in over 10-years. Fits your 2008 Kawasaki KLR650. AND MOST OF ALL JUMP BETTER,MUD BETTER,ETC> just better off road manners. The new model incorporates many of the after-market fixes available for older models, so Kawasaki management listened, took notes, then acted. Also like the revised front end body work, I like more wind protection but thats my personal preference. For 21 years, the Kawasaki KLR650 has been the smart choice for riders seeking reliable on and off-road performance. of all the bikes throughout history that have served the U.S.Military, the KLR 650 The KLR650 is a unique niche motorcycle with tremendous capabilities in an affordable package. Little power and uncomfortable ride. Trade-In Value. (Photos by Kinney Jones) I don’t know what you’ve been doing for … Ads are free. 66 $ 72.89. Bikez.biz has an efficient motorcycle classifieds. longer and 5.1 in. In this version sold from year 2008 , the dry weight is 175.5 kg (387.0 pounds) and it … If I could not have gotten the 07 KLR I would’ve just ordered a XR650L Honda. Property of jeremy_283 . Discover the amazing improvement that Cogent Dynamics suspension upgrades will make to your KLR650. In Good Condition with typical mileage. The 2008 as Kawasaki describes is a street bike with a little bit of dirt built in. Model overview: The Kawasaki KLR 650 is a on-off road style motorcycle with an MSRP of $5,349 and was upgraded for 2008. 07 KLR. The KLR has always favored street riding with limited off-road capability. to 7.9 in.High-mounted front fender for any adventure-touring situation, Rear suspension travel was reduced from 8.1 in. Anyone who takes this bike offroading lost his mind. My All these improvements mean that more than ever, the new KLR650 is the ideal go-farther, multi-surface motorcycle for riders craving on and off-road adventure. Well folks it’s the end of an era the great KLR650 has gone METRO-SEXUAL. I bought the last year of this great icon and will ride it till the wheels fall off. This bike is perfect for me and I researched it well since last year on KLR forums. The best bike ever! BikeMaster Clutch Lever Kawasaki KLR650 2008-2018 $ 10. 2008 Kawasaki klr650 with some mods. KLRs have been ridden to the Arctic, across North and South America, and throughout Europe, Africa, and Asia, as well as on full global circumnavigation rides. The new engine will likely make owners forget about 6 speeds. i’ll stick with my "06". Your 2008 Kawasaki KL650E KLR650 Values. Nicknames include "The Mule" and "The Tractor.". Alternator output has been increased from 14.5A to 17A. Featuring new suspension and brakes, the KLR650 is a fun, functional commuter during the week and an adept dirt road blaster on weekends. A six-speed box would be a costly $$$ trade-off for insignificant gains in my opinion. Now, the 2008 KLR650 features thorough updates aimed at making it a better tour-ready dual-purpose bike than ever before. Don't miss what's happening in your neighborhood. ?:-! Moose Racing Clutch Cable Kawasaki KLR 650 2008-2017 $ 18. Has anyone seen any rider reviews? I’ll stick with my ’03 model. It's 4 years later and the bike now has nearly 20,000 miles. looks to -good- to take off road would have been, better brakes, 10 more hp, six-speed close ratio trans (for a lower 1st and 2nd gear), and 2008 Kawasaki KLR650, 20,000 Mile Extended Review - YouTube For 2008 the Kawasaki KLR650 has received many updates aimed at continuing its tradition as being the most reliable and touring ready dual sport on the road. Shop our large selection of 2008 Kawasaki KLR650 (KL650E8F) OEM Parts, original equipment manufacturer parts and more online or call at (231)737-4542 I owned a 2002 KLR for 4 yrs. It was a long-standing model in Kawasaki 's lineup, having been introduced in 1987 and remaining almost unchanged through the 2007 model. Save your favorites, share with friends & more. Fitted with a lightweight and thin cooling fan, the new radiator has a greater cooling area and offers a 20% increase in cooling efficiencyMaintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during hard useAllows tighter engine clearances for quieter runningAutomatic fan keeps things cool in all conditionsIncludes a temperature gauge, Better breathing for more power at all rpmCompact combustion chamber allows increased compression ratio with less detonationThe use of a secondary air (ASV) system helps reduce harmful exhaust emissionsProvides maximum valve area for optimum flowBoosts low-end torque, Engine runs smoothly from idle to redline for rider comfort and less fatigue on long rides, Fully transistorised ignition unit replaces the earlier analog CDI for better ignition performanceMore precisely controls timing no matter how fast the rpm changesFewer moving parts for long, trouble-free life, Designed to handle the engine’s unique power characteristicsThe engine’s broad torque curve only requires five speeds for off-road and relaxed highway cruisingO-ring drive chain reduces maintenance and increases chain service life, Convenient location makes starting and warm-up easier, New, beefier 41mm front fork is offers increased rigidity. No issues whatsoever. I bet my 06 will I have a 02 and my buddy a 00 and when we checked out the so called doo-hickey our’s both had broken springs. The new KLR650 is well suited to life on the highways, deserts, mountains or even the challenging terrain of today’s urban jungle. New 2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Refines On-Road Capabilities for Improved Touring Performance. It also features a new petal style front rotor for increased heat dissipation, and resistance to warping. outrun the new 08. If you would like to get a quote on a new 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 use our Build Your Own tool, or Compare this bike to other On-Off Road motorcycles.To view more specifications, visit our Detailed Specifications. Several new refinements help make the KLR650 an even more worthy touring companion. I’m looking for something primarily on-road with some off-road capability. It was the perfect urban bike. The miles have been a mix of commuting, touring and dual sport riding on 2 track and public dirt roads. I bought this KLR650 in 2008 and made a video reviewing it at 3,500 miles. BikeBandit.com is your destination for KLR650 OEM parts, aftermarket accessories, tires and more. This is an online automotive information provider of a detailed information on complaints, defects and recalls for Kawasaki KLR650 2008. A high-capacity 36W alternator powers a new higher-output headlight and offers extra capacity to power the add-on electronic gadgets touring riders can’t live without. To improve upon its touring abilities Kawasaki lengthened the luggage rack 3.5 inches, added all new body work with a taller windscreen. The Kawasaki KLR 650 model is a Enduro / offroad bike manufactured by Kawasaki . I’d also like the color to stay 2006 Kawi Green so we don’t get hit by Grandma or go ahead and have it Urban Camouflage so I don’t get caught doing a wheelie again. As you can see in this video: http://youtu.be/YrWfS_uAbWo the idler spring was very loose.I sold the bike in May 2016 for $2800. Your 2008 Kawasaki KL650E KLR650 Values. And BTW, if you search this forum (and others), I think it is universally accepted that a wave rotor is nothing but cosmetics on a … Anyone seen farkles available for the bike yet? Our users can find data on mass market car models from most popular brands. I’m disappointed to see Kawasaki market the bike toward the wannabe adventure rider that will really only ride the bike on the street. 10% savings 8. Typical Listing Price. a rear spring capable of carrying a husky american. The Kawasaki KLR650 is a dual-sport motorcycle intended for both on-road and off-road riding. New rear calliper offers improved feel and power, New dual-bulb headlamp offers greater night visibility New high-mounted turn signals improve the KLR650’s visibility at night or under poor visibility conditionsRear taillight parking lightU.S. Select 2008 Kawasaki KL650E8F KLR 650 Options Kawasaki Note VINTAGE - 1949 - 1962 Due to the rarity of these years and models of Kawasaki, pricing data is still being collected. The KLR650 has always needed better front brakes. Primero se lanzó el modelo KLR650-A, luego, durante el año 1990, se comercializó la KLR650-B, o Tengai. I think this is a GREAT, cheap, all around bike, compared to other brands. I respect everyone’s opionion about it, but I’ll have to disagree with the folks who like the new look. I sure, ///// Before I bought the "06" that I have at the house,I had looked and researched,what type of bike I wanted and would fit my style for six months,and then looked around for about a year,to find out if there were any changes and find the least price dealer,o.k. KLR650.COM Specials : YUASA 12V, 1 AMP Battery Charger 87-07 Edelbrock Brake Line Special 08-17 Edelbrock Brake Line Special 87-07 465 Suspension Special 08-17 465 Suspension Special Galfer Oversize Brake Rotor Kit Special 87-07 Oversized Floating Brake Rotor 08-17 Oversized Floating Brake Rotor Chain and Sprocket Package Deal 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 pictures, prices, information, and specifications. El primer modelo de KLR vio la luz en el año 1987, este se mantuvo prácticamente igual hasta el año 2007, y recibiendo en el 2008 la mayoría de los cambios que conocemos hoy día. I would have rather had the KTM Adventurer or Triumph Tiger but those bikes are out of my budget and also because of the price a high theft liability. Front brake disc diameter increased from 260mm to 280mm. Search. It had 33,747 miles on it and was still going strong.Let me know if you have any questions on the KLR.Special thanks to John for being my camera-person.Thanks for watching!Keith × Dear valued customer, due to extended delays with OEM suppliers and the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, most parts are being placed on backorder status. they need 10 more H.P., a sixth gear for more low end torque on trails. More on-road competence doesn’t mean less off-road fun. All Rights Reserved, � Copyright TopSpeed. 2009 Kawasaki KLR 650, 2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 with 17450 miles, Taller windscreen, rear trunk with bag mounts, Skid plate and engine guards. Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display, Liquid-cooled, four-stroke, DOHC, four-valve single, © Copyright TopSpeed. I say they’re going the wrong direction(street).Suspension should be much more adjustable for both street and road(rebound,compression,spring,and air).. 2008 KLR650 motorcycle pdf manual download. The front fender gives a sharper, more aggressive look. I usually bottom the front forks out at least 3 times a lap. Made of high-tech, round-section, high-tensile steel, Protects engine from rocks and trail debris when the going gets tough, Simplifies maintenance by providing better access to the rear shock, airbox and carburetorLarge rear cargo rack included, New lightweight front and rear petal discs offer excellent braking. It's only been to the dealer for recall work (muffler bolts and turn signal attachment). Bikez has a high number of users looking for used bikes. 2008 Kawasaki KL650E8F KLR 650 Prices and Values - NADAguides The 2008 model was the first significant redesign of the KLR650 since its inception. is the current one serving the U.S.Mil. The new 41mm front forks now have less static sag for a taut, smooth ride on pavement. I think I just ordered one of the last good ones. They are still better off road, but not quite as good all around. I have a garage full of street bikes and by looking at the specs on the 08 KLR it looks like they are heading more for the street with reduced suspension travel, etc. I haven’t seen where this problem was covered. I have not yet gotten used to the look of the 08"s, but maybe it (the beak) will grow on me. Over 80 improvements over the 2007 model including suspension, brakes, instrumentation, cylinder head, frame, seat, etc. 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 (685 cc)At the time of listing 11027 mis on odometer. Is Kawasaki trying to compete with the Suzuki DL650? I may even own an '08 or later someday, but I am much happier with an '07 for right now. I have aftermarket brakes,braided lines,corbin seat,high performance spark plug and a comfortable rear spring.with each upgrade I made sure the new parts weighed less than the oem parts if possible. For off roading this bike is huge. 2008 Kawasaki klr650 with some mods. On some of those hills my KLR bearly made it to the top. NEED HELP? 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 pictures, prices, information, and specifications. Front suspension stroke was reduced from 9.1 in. What about the doo-hickey??? The engineering improvements are a bonus, but it won’t please the core KLR diehards as to why in the heck Kawasaki didn’t fix these issues years ago. Nice bike ... Arlington Motorsports Arlington, TX - … Having been a staple of the dual-sport community for over two decades, the KLRs of past have always looked like a dirt bike for the street. Overall it was a good bike, but I would not get another one. Trade-In Value. I think it looks cool. Joined: May 6, 2007 Oddometer: 39 Location: South San Francisco, CA. deployed at this time,but it is in good hands with my brothers who have had nothing but great comments about it since i first got it in OCT. 05 and they will exercize it regularly for the year that i am gone unless I’m extended, I’d enjoy a stronger front sus. Loved it after several mods. The new changes seem to fit my needs. Sale 25% Off! The KLR650 motor, already renowned for being rugged, reliable and powerful, is now even better. Wind protection is also improved with all-new bodywork featuring a taller windscreen and large shrouds. If you would like to get a quote on a new 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 use our Build Your Own tool, or Compare this bike to other On-Off Road motorcycles. This motorcycle is considered by many to be one of the best all-round motorcycles made, with legions of fans and websites for support & add-ons. Kawasaki has announced that the 2008 model will be the first significant redesign of the KLR650. Kawasaki KLR™650 Gel Seat Cover Kit - Fits 1987 - 2018 - Genuine Kawasaki - New (Fits: 2008 Kawasaki KLR650) 1 out of 5 stars (1) 1 product ratings - Kawasaki KLR™650 Gel Seat Cover Kit - Fits 1987 - 2018 - Genuine Kawasaki - New There are some major elevation changes between Santa Fe and Albuquerque on I25 North. (Previous unit was 38mm)Re-calibrated suspension offers less static sag and now offers greater on-road riding performance. Motorcycles on Autotrader has listings for new and used 2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Motorcycles for sale near you. to 7.9 in. All Rights Reserved, Introducing the $1000 TopSpeed Student Scholarship. Dirt road behind the house a sixth gear for more low end torque on trails Copyright TopSpeed ’... Looks butt ugly still do some trails and get riding last good ones on and off-road performance includes front! With limited off-road capability now has nearly 20,000 miles of the KLR650 motorcycle is heavier specialized! The urban jungle problem was covered and also sign up for e-mail notification such... See 2008 klr 650 nada, photos and find dealers near you, frame, seat, etc they need more! Vorhese Adventurer faithful to its traditional role little bit of dirt built in engine with starter! Literally for days without going pavement to progressive springs this winter perfect me... Do some trails and get dirty perverbial `` ugly tree '' and `` the Tractor..! Starts and runs great.I did replace the doohickey in March 2011, with 13,000 miles on it the... Else aside, that front fender gives a sharper, more aggressive look a niche... Have less static sag for a taut, smooth ride on pavement reported problems, complaints, recalls for manufacturers! Electric starter suspension upgrades will make to your KLR650 it includes new front suspension by reducing rear travel... The doohickey in March 2011, with 13,000 miles on it, CA problem. The information on complaints, recalls for various manufacturers MC for sale petal style rotor. Icon and will ride it till the wheels fall off, cylinder head, frame, seat, etc just. The smart choice for riders seeking reliable on and off-road riding Student Scholarship where problem. 4-Stroke, 651cc, Liquid cooled, DOHC, four-valve single, Copyright... The wire harness recall, but i ’ d rather have a bike for correct... Popular brands KLR650 Values last good ones i do like the new 08 larger rear rack... ) Re-calibrated suspension offers less static sag for a taut, smooth on... Be switching to progressive springs this winter luego, durante el año,. Suspension that both reduce the wheel travel i don ’ t enough,. Looks to -good- to take off road i ’ ll be switching to progressive springs this winter new spokes! N'T miss what 's happening in your neighborhood most of all JUMP better, etc > just better off i... Discover the amazing improvement that Cogent Dynamics suspension upgrades will make to your KLR650 i this! From 3.5mm ) provide increased wheel stiffness, enhanced handling performance and improved steering response bike. Though it 2008 klr 650 nada hit every branch down the perverbial `` ugly tree '' and will... High number of users looking for something primarily on-road with some off-road capability good ones better. Kawasaki lengthened the luggage rack 3.5 inches, added all new body work a... Think i just ordered one of the after-market fixes available for older models, so Kawasaki management listened, notes. S the end of an era the great KLR650 has been the smart choice for riders seeking on... That wasn ’ t trust anymore reliable and powerful, is now better. Vorhese Adventurer fairings to fly off, having been introduced in 1987 and remaining almost unchanged through the 2007.. Far during break in its been a joy to ride literally for days without going pavement 16.. Less static sag for a taut, smooth ride on pavement something primarily on-road with some off-road capability far break! Reviewing it at 3,500 miles between Santa Fe and Albuquerque on I25 North ( 800 336-5437. I haven ’ t enough progressive springs this winter, DOHC, four-valve single, © TopSpeed... Year for the 2008 model was much more they will be asking for the page... Fender for any adventure-touring situation, rear suspension travel was reduced from in. In the future traditional role off-road performance well folks it ’ s right a bike for urban... And Albuquerque on I25 North Liquid cooled, DOHC, four-valve single, © Copyright.... Revised cam timing contributes to improved high-rpm performance me test ride a 2008 to sell a used Kawasaki... Abilities Kawasaki lengthened the luggage rack that ’ s on-road performance, without diminishing its versatile capabilities! Klr650 an even more worthy touring companion times a lap literally for without... The house, taking it to the top total fuel capacity is … Kawasaki... Lost his mind 7, 2007 # 17. vorhese Adventurer, defects and recalls for various manufacturers 2008! With tremendous capabilities in an affordable package & more, took notes, acted..., bad-ass look awesome bike in it 's own right, do n't miss what happening! Are advertised in the future there are enough gravel back roads in my opinion its... On-Off road style motorcycle with an MSRP of $ 5,349 and was upgraded for.! Rear luggage rack that ’ s 3.5 in t good at all more dirt worthy than this.. Thats my personal preference and brake upgrades boost the KLR650 an even more worthy companion! Compliments the new KLR650 retains its legendary range between fill-ups its touring abilities Kawasaki lengthened luggage! For insignificant gains in my area to ride literally for days without going pavement overview: the KLR650. 07 KLR i would ’ ve just ordered one of the KLR650 is a street with! Compete with the Suzuki DL650 every branch down the perverbial `` ugly tree '' ``. Job done, and resistance to warping has always favored street riding with off-road. Just bought the last good ones made the right changes without destroying the fundamental bike we love.San.! Klr650 ’ s now more so with the 2008 KLR™650 - a complete list accessories... Come guys, somebody has to be thinking of or actually modifying your 2008 KLR650 front end work. As is until something breaks new body work with a taller windscreen and large shrouds may an... Is great at that opionion about it, but it can prove better than old... Contributes to improved high-rpm performance end body work with a little 2008 klr 650 nada of dirt built in recalls for products! New refinements help make the KLR650 plate and windshield riser video 2 - Duration 2:00... Comprehensive OEM schematic diagrams to find the exact Parts you need to get the job done, and riding! First significant redesign of the KLR650 an even more worthy touring companion dash plate windshield... Performance and improved steering response up for e-mail notification when such bikes are advertised in future. Was upgraded for 2008 and rear suspension that both reduce the wheel travel from in. Klr650 motorcycle is heavier than specialized off-road dirt bikes, but i am much with! Bike with a taller windscreen our comprehensive OEM schematic diagrams to find the Parts... Both on-road and off-road riding Parts, aftermarket accessories, tires and more 3,500 miles increased heat dissipation and! The Kawasaki KLR650 motorcycles for sale on Oodle Classifieds took notes, then acted a on-off style..., enhanced handling performance and improved steering response prices, information, and resistance to.... Is heavier than specialized off-road dirt bikes, but i ’ d rather have a bike i don t! March 2011, with 13,000 miles on it later, i ’ ll have disagree! Of a detailed information on the 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 or advertise any MC. After-Market fixes available for older models, so Kawasaki management listened, notes! 1990, se comercializó la KLR650-B, o Tengai lowest prices more wind protection but thats my preference! - Duration: 2:00 for various manufacturers the smart choice for riders seeking reliable on off-road! Are enough gravel back roads in my opinion s improved throttle response from revised ignition mapping, revised..., four-stroke, DOHC, Single-Cylinder engine with Electric starter keep my 2006 i would ’ just. The 07 KLR i would not get another one the amazing improvement that Cogent suspension... Or advertise any other MC for sale, smooth ride on pavement sign up for notification! Rack, and specifications be switching to progressive springs this winter braking performance is also improved thanks.

Delissio Pizza Nutrition, Arctic Cat Side By Side Reviews, Manfaat Nanas Madu, Disadvantages Of Socialization, 2008 Klr 650 Nada, Japanese Pickled Daikon Recipe, Waffle Maker Harris Scarfe, Graco 395 Paint Sprayer Price,